Tuesday, February 2, 2010


Today I was asked to be a guest speaker with a few Chilean artists who are new at blogging. My friend Rebecca, who was their blog setup teacher for a month, asked me to motivate them to promote their art through their blogs, maybe set up shop on Etsy and all the ins and outs of setting up Paypal accounts, links and basic graphic ideas for them. What surprised me was the house where it took place, a house designed by Jaime Castillo Velasco a very well known Chilean architect. Also fascinating were the ceramic sculptures that Paula Nino de Zepeda has around her house, all made by her and a lot of lithographs by her daughter of which I show one here. The other artist, Manuela Antunez, daughter of famous Chilean painter Nemesio Antunez, also showed me her fabric animal creations in patchwork. Over fresh blended peach juice and cake we chatted for a few hours exchanging our art experiences and mediums. Chile land of artists and poets.

No comments: