Tuesday, September 14, 2010

since i am, after all, a creature of habit and the best of habits are hard to break even more so than bad habits, i join again in celebration of tea and teacup collecting courtesy of Teacup Tuesday.

although this is not a vintage cup (it's not even bone china and we know tea should only be drunk in bone china) i fell in love with this french red and white ceramic cup while visiting a beautiful little town north of where i live called carpinteria. it was the one and only one they had left so thought it was on it's way to becoming vintage.

and as promised, i share with you the twist: who i'd most want to have tea with today and that would have to be Kathy of Spot on Cedar Pond whom I have become very fond of over the weeks sharing at TCT.  Her blog is so refreshing to read every day, funny, spontaneous and filled with family love and values as well as a blessed life close to nature.

just in passing, i also share an assemblage crown i have been working on for months titled "the crown of heaven" after the famous religious poem.  i highly recommend this poem of which i've only included the first stanza.






I FLED Him, down the nights and down the days;
I fled Him, down the arches of the years;
I fled Him, down the labyrinthine ways
Of my own mind; and in the mist of tears
I hid from Him, and under running laughter. 
Up vistaed hopes I sped;
And shot, precipitated,
Adown Titanic glooms of chasmèd fears,
From those strong Feet that followed, followed after.
But with unhurrying chase,
And unperturbèd pace,
Deliberate speed, majestic instancy,
They beat—and a Voice beat
More instant than the Feet—
‘All things betray thee, who betrayest Me.’

Happy TCT in deed!

5 comments:

xinex said...

I love the crown, so pretty!...Christine

maría cecilia said...

Hola querida Connie, me parece que te fuiste hace muchos años... buaaaaaa!!
Ver tus posts me emociona, te imagino crando este lindo setting y disfrutando la toma fotográfica de tu linda taza de ceràmica.
te extraño
maria cecilia

KathyB. said...

First, thank-you for the very kind words, the hydrangea 'crown' I am wearing is from a huge bush in my sister's yard,a very huge and prolific bush.

The poem you quoted is so true, He will chase us down and claim His, and praise Him for that, for I am so undeserving of it.

I was thinking about your posts regarding who you'd want to have tea with and think it is such a wonderful idea. and also that many of my blogging friends are the very people I would love to spend tea time with, maybe even coffee!

I very much like the cup and saucer you chose, and although tea is good in bone china I think it is far more commonly drunk in sturdy mugs and cups.Your cup and saucer are worthy of brightening a table and being used with a hearty meal~

The assemblage crown is beautiful, and very symbolic.

ale said...

hola querida connie!!!que linda corona!!y qué lindas fotos!! yo tambien te imagino disfrutando!!te mando un beso y un abrazo gigante y otro a richard que debe estar tan tan feliz de tenerte al ladito!!!miles de besos y muy lindo y feliz fin de semana connie!!!!!!

nancy said...

So beautiful, my dear. Both the crown and the poetry.