Sunday, March 6, 2016

under, over and into the weather




not many know that it's been three weeks of feeling horribly dizzy, nauseous and utterly miserable physically. i refuse to go to the doctor because i have lost my faith in them. i have been homebound and frustrated at not being able to drive, and poor tigo hasn't had a decent run in weeks. so the one day that i dared, was like a huge sensory gift. a break from my art room too.
i visited my good friend suzanne in the santa rosa valley, driving through what's left of farmland around the neighborhood.
although nothing compares to my friend chichi's garden in el areayán, chile, suzanne's comes pretty close. it's different in the sense that she has just about every plant imaginable and tons of fruit trees which are all in bloom.





nothing compared to mine which is just beginning. with so many moves, my gardens are always left behind. but i have begun at least, planting a few seeds, buying potted plants and giving the green a bit of color. i pruned the wisteria tree, and worked a little more on the potting shed




we had lunch outdoors and talked oscars since we are both cinephiles and mark rylance ofcourse and greek yogurt and all the talk of the things that turn us on. mark rylance above all i say. 
there was a barren tree there that inspired me to draw when i returned home
in spite of this lingering malaise which has me rather worried, i have been almost non-stop creatively speaking. there is so much inspiration everywhere.
i have been concentrating on 
a) finishing projects set aside
as in this paper mache doll which i dressed, mounted and framed. 

and adding a whimsical person to this grundge board painting. i love it and also plan to frame it.
b) trying to expand my paintings so that they tell a story

the same with my sketches

my latest being my favorite
i love to draw. on brown paper especially.
it loosens me up, helps me with proportions and storylines
c) listing a few items on etsy (2 have sold already)
d) framing my art for better display rather than stuffing them in my portfolio

i do get distracted a bit with side projects
i got hooked on the tea bag girls on instagram


quite hard
but fun
i go into my drawers and find art potential and this is what happens
best make visits to suzanne's more often

6 comments:

It's me said...

Lovely post.....love from me Ria x ❤️

kathyd said...

great post ! i am happy to see your work again (:

espenavarro said...

Me alegro que estés mejor. El arte te necesitas, y nosotras también. Un abrazo desde España

audrey said...

Sweet lady, I hope you are feeling much better by now. I always love your posts and beautiful photographs. I am far behind on correspondence and everything. Sigh. Take care of yourself. Sending love. Audrey ♥

SusanLotus said...

Beautiful photos and your art is gorgeous!
(I have a great ATC you made from a SWAP on Flickr. ;))

Hope you feel better soon!

PeregrineBlue said...

hello susan, it's been ages since i posted on flickr. somehow the app won't work on my iphone where most of my photos are. hope you post it on your blog so i can see. will pop over there now. thank you.